In signing this entry form I understand that no money will be refunded and my team agrees to abide by the rules stated above and those of KCBS and the on-site BBQ Committee. Any team with a sponsor must be approved prior to acceptance (product or association). I also understand that I am responsible for my team’s conduct.
Waiver of Liability: In consideration of accepting this entry, I the undersigned agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Kansas City Barbecue Society, Visit Alamosa, Alamosa County Local Marketing District, City of Alamosa, and any coordinators or sponsors against any claim or action or for any cause. I agree that I will be responsible for my own insurance and under this hold harmless clause that is made a part of this contract. I have carefully read and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability, hold harmless agreement and assumption of risk agreement and that it is a legally binding contract. I further understand that this release is binding on my heirs or anyone making a claim. I sign of my own free will. I also grant permission to use any photos, videotapes, motion pictures or record of this event for any legitimate purpose.
1. The child MUST do the preparation, cooking, and presentation.
a. If a child is unable to perform all aspects of the Kids-Q competition, they are too young to cook.
b. Parents may help with res and slicing or anything considered dangerous.
2. All food must be prepared on-site.
3. A parent or guardian must be present with the child during the entire cooking process.
4. Slicing or dividing meat for presentation is not required.
5. No garnish rules apply.
6. Turn-in boxes will be provided.
Young Gun Competitors will provide their own ingredients and prepare an entry of their choosing.
Young Guns Rules
1. This category is an ‘anything goes’ category designed to allow young pitmasters to ex their creative muscle.
2. Meat inspection will be at the same time as meat inspection for KCBS cookers on Friday.
3. Young guns will cook at their own camp with their own equipment.
4. Garnish is optional, turned in in a clamshell, the lid must close.
5. The child MUST do the preparation, cooking, and presentation.
a. Parents may help with res and slicing or anything considered dangerous.
6. All food must be prepared on-site.
7. A parent or guardian must be present with the child during the entire cooking process.
8. Slicing or dividing meat for presentation is not required.
9. Turn-in boxes will be provided.
Kids Q Waiver of Liability: In consideration of accepting this entry, I the undersigned, recognize that the City of Alamosa, Visit Alamosa, and the Alamosa Local Marketing District, also known as ORGANIZERS, any of its co-sponsors including other entities, their employees, or agents, assume no responsibility for myself or members of my group. I will assume all risks that arise from participation. I also hereby waive any claim against the ORGANIZERS, its co-sponsors, their departments, employees, or agents for any injuries or loss that arises from participation. I acknowledge that I retain the right to assert any claims that arise from the gross negligence or misconduct of the ORGANIZERS, or any co-sponsoring entities, their ocers, employees, or agents. Further, I grant full permission to the ORGANIZERS or agent authorized by them, to use any photographs, videos, recordings, or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose.